Howl allows you to create and share links to your favorite products, earning you commission for every purchase made through your links. You can create links on Howl using the bulk link creator, Howl Chrome extension, or the Howl mobile app.
Types of Links on Howl: Dynamic and Exclusive Links
There are two types of links you can create on Howl: dynamic and exclusive.
Dynamic links automatically redirect your followers to the retailer or brand with the highest earning potential. Dynamic links use Howl's dynamic link technology to consider commission rates, conversion rates, and stock status. This means you don’t have to worry about updating links when a commission drops or sending your followers to an out-of-stock product page. Dynamic links are the default in Howl – meaning that all links you create will be dynamic unless you specifically change it.
Exclusive links direct to the product and retailer or brand you choose. They are best to use when you’re working on a specific campaign with a specific brand or retailer. If you want to create an exclusive link, toggle off the “Dynamic Link” option when creating your link.
What are Posts?
Posts are a way for you to organize your links and keep track of what’s driving your sales.. Some creators organize their posts by video (“My Morning Routine”), event (“Sephora Sale ‘23”) or channel (“June Insta Stories”). Posts are not required in order to create links, but they are a useful way to organize and track the effectiveness of your product recommendations.
What is a monetizable link?
When a Howl link is monetizable, you will earn commissions from any purchases made through this link. A Howl link is monetizable when the brand or retailer is a Howl partner (also known as partner in-network) and the specific linked product is part of a Howl partners' campaign. When you create links, we will notify you if a link is monetizable or we'll suggest other product links you can use instead.
How to Create Links
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to create and share links on Howl:
Creating links on PlanetHowl.com (bulk link upload):
See demo here.
- Log in to your dashboard on planethowl.com.
- Click Create Links under the Links tab in the nav bar.
- Paste up to 20 product URLs you want to convert to Howl links (one URL per line). This is a good time to click them to make sure they’re right.
- Organize them with a Post. Create a new post or select an existing post to add your links to, or choose to skip this step.
- You're done! You can now copy and share your links on your social channels.
Creating links on our Chrome Extension:
See demo here.
- Download the Howl Chrome extension & log in to your Howl account.
- Navigate to the product you're creating a link for.
- Click the Chrome Extension to create a link.. If the link isn’t Monetizable, Howl will suggest a product you can earn from.
- Create a new post or select an existing post to add your links to.
- You're done! You can now copy and share your link on your social channels.
Creating links on our mobile app:
You can copy/paste URLs into the Howl app just like you can on our website. You can also “share” from your browser to create a link from a website:
- While on any web page on your mobile web browser, click on the share icon on the bottom nav bar.
- Click on the Howl app icon.
- The Howl app will open automatically, showing the newly created link.
- Pick your desired social platform and share with your audience.