Howl Storefronts give you the option of creating a single, personalized link where you can host all of your Howl products in easy-to-shop collections. Storefronts help your audience easily discover and buy more of your recommended products. You can add your Storefront link to your social media bio and link to product collections in individual posts to help your audience discover multiple products in one post.
What's new in Storefronts (as of Jan '23)
- You can now add 'External Links' (links from any source) to your Storefronts, not just Howl Links. Please note External Links do not monetize through Howl.
- You can view Collection-level analytics on your Storefront, including clicks, revenue, earnings, AOV and conversion.
- You can create new links directly from your Storefront, and add links via the Chrome Extension and My Links feature. You can also view if links in your Storefront are dynamic or exclusive.
- You can now embed social content in a Storefront collection. When creating or editing a collection (see below), add your URL and the content will automatically be shown side to side with your collection.
How to create a Storefront
Click “Get Started” to create a Storefront. Upload a profile image and fill in your Storefront details. Once you’ve filled out all the required fields, click the preview icon in the upper right corner to see how your Storefront will appear when published. You can edit your Storefront details at any time.
How to create or edit a collection
Once you have created a Storefront, click the “Create Collection” button. Collections help you organize products by category or by theme (such as “My Top Products”). Create a collection by following these steps:
- Give your collection a name and include an optional description to help your audience learn more about this collection.
- Select links to add products to your collection. Note: You must create your Howl links under the My Links tab of the nav bar before you can add them to a collection. Check out our How to create and share links article in the Help Center if you need help creating links before adding them to a collection.
- Confirm your product selection(s). You can edit the product image, brand name, product name, and add a description. You can also rearrange products in your collection and delete any products that you no longer want to include.
- You can now embed social content in a Storefront collection. When creating or editing a collection (see below), there is now a social post URL field. Paste your URL and the YouTube, Instagram TikTok, Facebook, or Twitter content will automatically be shown side to side with your collection.
- To publish your collection, click on the three dots menu at the upper left of the collection and select “Publish".
- You can also save a draft of your collection at any point and return to work on your collection at a later time.
- Once you have published your collection, you can revert to draft, edit it, or delete it by clicking on the three dots menu at the top left of each collection.
How to publish a Storefront
Once you have one or more collections published, you are ready to publish your Storefront and make it available to your audience. To do this, head to the top of the Storefront page and flip the “Publish” toggle. Once your Storefront is published it is accessible via a public facing URL. You can find this URL on the top right of the Storefront page. Copy and paste this URL to share your Storefront with your audience. You can also share individual collection links with your audience. Head to the three dots menu at the upper left of the collection and click on “Publish Collection”.
Some tips for building a great Storefront
- Create multiple collections
- Create collections for your top posts and major sale events, or to organize your favorite products. You can update descriptions to tell your audience why you love a product.
- Pin your Storefront to drive sales
- Top-performing creators add their Storefronts to their link in bio. If you use tools like Linktree, make your Storefront your first link for better discoverability. With External Links, you can include all your recommended products in one place.
- Link directly to collections
- Create posts or stories around a theme or group of products such as a sale event or your favorite types of products. You can link directly to a collection so your audience can shop it all.
- Keep it updated
- Make a habit of creating new collections for your posts so your Storefront stays fresh. You can also easily unpublish outdated collections, or rearrange collections to put the most relevant ones at the top.